Crabby Blues Gouache and Watercolor


Another coastal piece alert! Mr. Crabs (lol, Spongebob reference) has now been added to my Coastal Collection. I wanted to follow the same trend as my seahorse because I was THRILLED with the response from everyone (thank y'all so much)!!! The process I use for these pieces is tedious but simple. I begin with the lightest of the blue gouache colors I have and create an outline of the shape I am working on. From there, I use plenty of water (gotta keep it nice and wet for that bleed effect) and the darker of the blues to add in shading and details.

What's nice about these pieces are that they are stand-alone. This means there is no background to worry about. My reason for doing them this way is because I picture anyone who purchases these prints to be placing them in a coastal-themed room as decor. In that case, these pieces are simple so they will not throw an imbalance into the room or make things too busy. Ideally, someone purchasing these prints would purchase three together, place them in matching frames and hang them leveled on the wall...at least, that's what I'd do ;)


To shop this piece and other pieces in my Coastal Collection, check out my Etsy shop!
















Comments

Popular Posts