Seahorse Blues Gouache and Watercolor


Just sea-horsin' around!

As you may or may not know, I have been LOVING on the gouache lately. I choose to use them in the same way I use my watercolors but gouache provide a much more vibrant look, which is just naturally how those colors are versus watercolors! I use Arteza gouache paints and have loved them so far.

Since I was a young little mermaid, my family has been summer beach-goers. We began with my great-grandmother's house in Southampton, NY, which slowly transitioned into my grandmother buying a house in Ocean City, NJ, and finally, my immediate family bought their own house in Spring Lake, NJ (my favorite place in the world). Last year, my parents rebuilt their house to make it more livable and retirement-friendly. They now have an amazingly beachy yet livable house one block from the beach and I have gained so much inspiration from this! 

I wanted to begin a collection of coastal pieces. In my mind, I wanted all types of summer symbols and sea creatures, represented only in shades of blues. That led me to my first piece- Mr. Seahorse here!

Prints of this piece and all of my other coastal collection can be found in my Etsy shop!





Comments

Popular Posts