The Beauty of Agate Slices


Have you ever heard of agate? Neither had I until recently when I saw this beautiful stone being used as seating placements for a wedding! (Disclaimer: that is NOT how I used them in the photo above). Agate is an emerald-colored stone that is sold in "slices" as shown above. These slices are actually very reasonably priced and as such, I decided to buy myself some and give these a try!

Using Sharpie oil-based paint markers, I did the lettering. I love how it came out, however, I would definitely recommend using a finer tip marker, which is what I will do next time. The surfaces are so small that a finer tip is definitely necessary!

Since I didn't have a real wedding to do these for, I just used the words "bride" and "groom" and the number "1" as if it were a table number.


Because these are not permanent nor for a real project, I of course want to take this lettering off and use them again! Helpful hint: since these markers are oil-based, acetone is needed to take it off. 

Comments

Popular Posts